Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Jordan

Dear Marianne,

Bit of a faux pas this morning standing outside the nursery with other mothers. If I am not having some part of my house done up (which I never am) and I am not eagerly discussing how to get around the catchment area rule to send my child to the better school (which I never do) then the best thing to do is to limit conversation to the weather.

I should have stuck to it this morning. But without thinking I joined a conversation about Jordan and said that I thought the politician from there was great on Newsnight last night about the whole Lebanese, Hezbollah, Israel thing. I said he was really steady and calm but brilliant in his analysis. Turns out that the Jordan in question was the big titted one; felt like a big tit myself. They thought I was making a joke – honestly – but I wasn’t.

Came home, asked Mike if I could borrow the telly to watch lunchtime news, but he was quite keen to catch Lazy Town. Think I better learn to love DIY.

Rx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home